Monday, May 30, 2016

Desert of Solitude

Oh brother, it vexes me to have lost you in such immense nothingness
where my spear means nothing for it has not your eyes, heart or soul
oh the pain to tell father that there is no one to watch my back
on these cold dead nights, when the starts grow bright my fondness slumbers
for there is no brighter, stronger love than yours
for darker blankets and small bonfires, tales of wonder of years past our age
and fortunes calling our names, but aghast I lay with your mouth lost
to my ears, no foul play and no early retirement, just your name amiss
from these times of wonder.


 -In the desert of solitude at the foot of the Mount of Abraxas

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Atlantean Thrones and the Valve

I can’t sleep, again. I see them all over me, figures that look like demons, human with horns of all kinds, twisted and spiraling in differ...